• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Loading ramps

FreightTrain

Banned
Does anyone know where I could get some loading ramps that would allow me to drive my Pinto Race car up into the back of my deuce and a half from ground level?Got a real dumb idea of using the deuce as race car hauler(figured it would only be right....since the car is named Patriot Missile)

rizzo

I bought mine here. http://www.landsport.com/
Nice ramps I got a modular system that has a pillar in the middle between 2 ramps. That way you can load vehicles with low ground clearance. Sorta Pricey. I paid $2500w/shipping to MI for a set that will load a semi truck 4 foot off the ground.

mine have a 12,000lb axle rating

they look like this, except pillar is higher.

Attachments

FreightTrain

Banned
Heck,that is about what a trailer will cost me.Plus no need for extra tag or insurance and rolling in style....I can just see all the other racers when I pull up in the green monster and pull the Red White and Blue pinto out the back.

rizzo

check the prices with www.Discountramps.com iwould imagine that lighter ramps would be cheaper. You might want to call landsport after you get a price from discount and ask their price.

maybe you should think ahead and get something your pickup or deuce will be able to drive on. then you would have more tham one use for them

Timberwolf

wow, those are some long ass ramps. i loaded a buddys jeep in my 5 ton with some 8 footers from my gooseneck, but that was like a 45* angle haha.

rizzo

the ramps are cool and handy in special situations, but I am already planning on building a ramp at my bog and Vince's so we don't have to mess with the ramps.

edit: a dirt and railroad tie ramp to back the semi trailers up too.

ida34

Pinto race car. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. How can I put up a rolling on the floor icon almost dead from laughing.
:funny: :cookoo: :driver: rofl

All I can think of is the truck load of Germans running into a pinto at like 1 mile an hour and the whole thing exploding in the movie Top Secret.

ida34

I know there is a racing with 4 cylinder cars and alot of race parts are available for the ford 2.3. Did the pinto have the 2.3? Do you race the 2.3 in your pinto?. I just really like the sound of the v-8 race engines, and I just could not resist taking the stab.

Timberwolf

im agreeing with you, its a freekin pinto,and hilarious to see on the track anyway, much less hauled there by a duece.
but alot of people under estimate the speed they do have. especially when stripped down to race weight.
i mean, my RX-7 was a pretty fast car, and much faster in the twistys then the pintos, but they would walk me down the straights.

FreightTrain

Banned
Yea,We can basically run anything we want as long as it has a Stock Ford Stroke crank.Gonna be running a 2.3L for starters and thinking about a 2.5L later.Not much Pinto about this car any more other than Floor pan,firewall,Front A arms,and rear leafs.Tube cage(must have stock frame but damaged sections can be replaced with tubing but must retain stock flow and dimensions),Fuel cell(Thank GOD!!!),9" ford Rear end with 6.20 gear(hey,the deuce has almost the same!),Sheetmetal body but must somewhat look like a production body......this car is for a Oval Dirt track in Glencoe Alabama(Green Valley Speedway).Year before they did have 4x4 tug of wars for special events....hee hee hee.....They don't stand a chance!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks