• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lock for the battery switch

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I wanted to lock my truck that would prevent it from disappearing one night. I know I could lock the steering column but I saw that the battery switch was also able to accept a lock. So I played around and found that most locks had a shackle that was too large to fit through the holes. I found one at Home Depot that could fit through the holes and also had a shackle that was wide enough to fit over the switch.

20191214_155244.jpg

This lock has a 5mm shackle and it is a little loose in the holes for the battery switch. I think a 6mm would also fit but I could not find a lock with that size shackle. I did try a 7mm shackle and it is too large to fit through the holes.

I understand that it would be easy to break the lock but it least it will stop most people.

I can sleep better now.

Jon

Last edited:

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I changed this message to say battery switch instead of battle switch even though in the manual I thought it referred to the switch as battle. And here is a photo:

20191220_173318.jpg

The lock is black and the switch is black so it is hard to see when the lock is turned to the side. Below, I turned the lock so you can see it but I try to keep it turned to the side so it is hard to notice.

20191220_173332.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks