• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lock up deuce brakes

mangus580

RE: Re: RE: lock up deuce brakes

Lemme tell ya... its a scary feeling, when the light changes to red, and you are just sliding on 10 tires!!!

:shock:

ida34

I did one night coming back from the field late. I had it would out to about 60 when I woke up and remembered I was coming to a T intersection. I locked them up and at the last minute cut the wheel hard right. I thought it was on only the left wheels for a second. It woke up the SGT and we continued on wide awake.

houdel

Yes, on dry pavement as a test. Locked up all wheels tighter that a bull's ass in fly time! Scary feeling, truck started sliding sideways, let up on the brakes and she straightened out, but not a comfortable feeling. This was with stock 9:00-20s, a more roadworthy tire might have performed better.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I've locked them up with and without a load on dry pavement. rear's lock easier than the fronts.
Dennis

Last edited:

jasonjc

YES I know the feeling I've had a idot pullout in front of me and stop.Lockem up on dry pavement. Also did the same thing in a % ton tractor w/trailer locked up all 14 (trator had super singels ) never forget that sound!

rmgill

I've locked them up a few times just to test the brakes in as a sanity check at empty intersections. There's usually a car or someone behind me that looks up in fear as they pull up next to me.

Knucklehead

I placed an adjustable proportioning valve on a 2.5T I used to own. I mounted it where the front flex line attached to the frame. It really made a difference in handling during hard brake application. I was able to prevent front wheel lock up and maintained front brake capability. And being adjustable you can make changes in front brake power for different loads or weather conditions. I bought it at an online hot rod shop for around $30.You need no tools to make adjustments, just turn a little wheel on the valve.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks