• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Locking hubs.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not a jeep guy, just thought this was cool, but odd. The guy who owns this jeep bought it from a man who got it from the military back in '56 or around there. It is a factory Willys rebuild...has the Willys tags on the frame. It has Sears locking hubs! Just thought it was different, thought i'd share.

Attachments

Knucklehead

Up to about 1980 Sears had a catalog of just Jeep parts. They carried all kinds of mechanical, body and electrical parts. I know they had complete engines and transmissions and complete body tubs.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Heck when I was a kid I bought some rifles from Sears Roebuck. Most of the ones I bought were Winchester but marked Sears on the barrel. It is not too hard to imagine the old days when the arrival of the Sears Catalog was one of the annual highlights for folks out in the Midwest like my ancestors. Thanks for posting this shot it brought back a lot of good memories of going to Sears with my Dad long long ago.

Will can you post some pitcures of the whole Jeep?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
David, There is a kind of far away pic of it in the Korea town thread. You doin' OK over there? Need anything from stateside..jerky, jellies...etc?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I will tell you all South Korea is a great friend of America. It is pleasant to be in a place on a deployment that I do not have to carry my weapon or wear body armor all the time. Thanks for the offer but in contrast to being in Iraq we have almost everything someone could ask for. I am scheduled to fly up to the DMZ tomorrow and will post pictures of the trip if it is not cancelled for weather reasons. I am involved with a Korean American association and get to mingle with folks from the comunity and try to communicate with them as best I can. I am so glad that I am able to keep up with the Steel Soldiers site and friends here as it is a big moral boost just reading your and others posts.

Thanks again and God bless.

MikePeters

Re: RE: Locking hubs.

doghead said:
Here's a link that shows a Sears Jeep catalogue

http://www.film.queensu.ca/cj3b/Sears.html
Thanks for posting that Link Doghead ..I have another Jeep that came with one of those and , I always wondered where it came from or if it was Home made ..
You just solved that mystery :D

The "Cab" was in rough shape so we ended up cutting it off and scrapping it

Attachments

NB1944

RE: Re: RE: Locking hubs.

Will

Forget the hubs, I couldn't help but notice the combat rims! Nice!

Mike Peters
Obviously, you live on the East Coast - you can tell - the vehicle is all rusty and the grass is green! Your Jeep looks very similar to several I have found - same shape. Good luck with the project!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks