• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

blzrgb

:confused::doh:What's the deal with having to "RE"- LOG IN every few minutes. Am i the only one that has to do this ?? Have i got a setting applied that could be causing this ???

LanceRobson

I have a similar problem using Firefox. I don't know if it's browser related. I find that I don't necessarily have to sign in. If I click on the search button or a few of the others, it shows me as signed in. Very strange. No other websites do this.

Lance

Happyland1410

I have found that if I check the box "Remember Me" next to the login you won't need to keep logging in as long as you keep the browser open. I use Firefox and have it really locked down.

I do allow cookies (for session) from steelsoldiers.com and I allow javascript from steelsoldiers.com.

Last edited:

LanceRobson

Checking the "Remember me" box dosen't help. The squirrelly thing is that if I open a thread or return to the "page with the day's posts, it sometime forgets who I am. If I then try to post to a thread, I can't. If I click on the 'Search" or 'Forums" tabs then my ID shows on the next page and I can navigate back to the days threads and be signed in. It's inconsistent and a little goofy.

Even if I just booted up the computer and opening the website does not log me in, I can click on "Search" and I'll be signed in.

Chalk it up to the zombie apocalypse hackers.

Lance

LanceRobson

I'm not saying it's a Firefox issue. I don't know enough to know where the issue is.

Today I opened the SS website, it showed me as not logged in. Out of curiosity, I clicked on the "log in" tab without filling anything in. The next page popped up with me signed in with a message that I'd used an incorrect password or user name and needed to sign in.

Go figure.

For those of you who wonder why this is in the CUCV forum; If it bothers you, why did you open it?(now you need to subtract 2 points from your test score to become Junior Assistant Probationary Moderators):p

Lance

stumps

Most browsers have a function called "keep-alive".

With Mozilla based browsers, follow this path from the edit button:

Edit->preferences->Advanced->HTTP Networking

An options screen should show up with a button for "Keep alive" check it.

What keep alive does is keep tickling the webserver every few seconds so that it knows you are still there, and won't hang up on you.

-Chuck

bkwudzhom

I tried moving this to the correct section, but when I swung the monitor around I knocked everything off my desk.
rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks