• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lollipop turn signal lights

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are the "european" lollipop turn signal lights, that get mounted on the standard deuce turn signals, are they supposed to light FORWARD or BACKWARD. I have seen most mount them with the lens facing forward, but to me it doesn't make sense. There is already a turn signal lens facing forward, to me it would make more sense facing backward, so if some poor fool is in a small car in the deuce's blind spot, he/she can see that the deuce is about to change lanes. If the lens were facing forward, they wouldn't see it.

Help!

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
My M109's have the lenses on front and back, amber faces front, red to the rear. Medlog confirmed these trucks came from a unit in Germany.

Ed

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They face the back so cars beside you can see when you are coming over. :wink:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So...I see a pic with two deuces and the amber facing forward, and two Steel Soldiers who say they should face backward.

Is David Doyle in the house? Still confused, need to know the regulation way these should be mounted...

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
maddawg308 said:
So...I see a pic with two deuces and the amber facing forward, and two Steel Soldiers who say they should face backward.

Is David Doyle in the house? Still confused, need to know the regulation way these should be mounted...
I think what they are saying is if the light shines out both sides through a red/amber combo the red should go to the rear, amber to the front. If the light is only one sided then it should face tward the rear.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just think about next to a M35 in a Yugo. You are in the blind spot. Flasher is going and you are getting the heck out of the way!!! Not too hard to figue out. :roll:

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are the NATO Lighting Kit. They also include a side marker as can be seen on my M275A2. They are required for vehicles driven in Germany, and possibly more countries as well.

I added the kit to my truck. The markers are connected to the rear taillights. The lolipops are rear facing turn signals.

Attachments

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No problem. These shots were on a 800 mile round trip to Barstow to recover the M128A2C trailer. The photo showing the gauges shows speedo at about 53 mph which is 60 with 11x20's on the truck. I was turning about 2300 rpm at that point. On the way back, I ran at about 1100 degrees climbing hills on interstate 40. I saw about 18 pounds of boost most of the time with peaks around 25 pounds. The FDC has been removed to allow true full throtle. The truck is a rocket ship, I never dropped out of 4th gear pulling 15,000 lbs up long steep grades going east on the 40. I ran this hard for 8 hours, no problems.

All fuel managment was based on the 2 gauges. There are ways to get performance without turning up the fuel. It does blow some serious black smoke when working hard though. It has a "C" Turbo with a conti LDT465-1C.

The pics in the GL yard at Bastow are the M275A2 next to one of my M35A2's that were there at the time. Just finished slave cable starting it. It has Air-O-Matic.

Sorry about the Hyjack Mike.

Attachments

All deuces / m-series vehicles I have seen here in Germany had the lolli-pop lights facing backwards (makes perfect sense). Also all those vehicles had additional rectangular turnsignals facing sideways, like the M275A2 above (nice truck btw - what kind of lockouts are these on the front hubs? ).

Mark

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Desert Deuce said:
Sorry about the Hyjack Mike.
Not at all, you have a great looking truck! Nothing to apologize about!

Thanks for all the help guys, just wanted to straighten it all out. The lights I have are amber one side, unlit OD green the other, and I was getting conflicting information from some folks about how they should face, and this answered my question. You guys ROCK!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks