• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Long lasting 40” tires?

2INSANE

I would like to get a set of 40” tires but am worried about how much they cost and how fast they wear down. I was wondering what are others thoughts on what would be a great all around 40” tire that I could daily drive with and not worry much about watching the thread $$$$ fly away with each mile driven?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Depends on the load range etc you get. Terrain you use them

335 80R20s in continental mpt81s are rated at 6800lbs each so basically they would wear pretty slow. Compared to A super swamper etc are 3600lbs each

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would like to get a set of 40” tires but am worried about how much they cost and how fast they wear down. I was wondering what are others thoughts on what would be a great all around 40” tire that I could daily drive with and not worry much about watching the thread $$$$ fly away with each mile driven?
I’m getting ready to reinstall my 11.00/20 NDTs. I built my custom 20” wheels in 1985 before anybody even knew what a 20” wheel was. The truck wore out before the tires did. Sold that truck in 1995 and the tires had over a quarter million miles on them. I mounted a new set of 11.00/20’s on the wheels and then mounted them on my M1028 in 2011, but took them off when I had back surgery to get the truck down a little to be easier for ingress and egress. Now I’m ready to put them back on. It takes 16 ounces of Dyna Beads in every tube to balance them. 44” tall.
16040B25-2E24-4182-818C-3C926B70B8D2.jpeg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks