• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Long Legs - Need to stretch

Amxhunter

I'm 6.3 with a 34" inseam. The angle for my right foot on the gas pedal is a little extreme and after about 5 to 10 minutes I'm getting uncomfortable. This is on my M35A2

I have thought about removing the seatback completely and replacing it with something less intrusive.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Amxhunter im 6'4" and i have a Hemtt seat in my deuce and its alot better and more of a comfortable feel then it is with the standard deuce seats. I would look into getting one of them. or also as rhinomike has said a air ride seat also can work. but if you wanta stay with a military type seat try out the Hemtt seat. You also can cruise over to decatur if you wanta try one out and see how it feels.

Jake0147

I made shims. Not exactly high tech, I'm quite sure they're not as good of a solution as new seats, but I'm also quite sure that these are much more in my budget. Helps keep my seat in the seat so I'm not trying to support myself with my legs while driving. The front is one and a quarter inches, tapering to zero, but of course they could be whatever works for you. I also have the front adjusters in the low position, since I only have one of the adjusters and the low position is the only one it will balance in. :D I did have to get a couple of allen head cap screws to replace the front seat bolts, the length of which will depend on the amount you shim the seat, but that was my only expense. Like I say, not "perfect", but close enough that I'm on to other nit-picks.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That back cushion is about twice as thick as it needs to be. Thin that sucker out

Westech

CPL
man Im only 5 10 and it bunches me up too. Bad thing is even the FMTV's are not nice to guys over 6 foot at all. got to remind ya.. the deuce was designed in the late 40's for 18 year old kids, and back then they were not as tall as people today.

Amxhunter

Jake0147 said:
I made shims. Not exactly high tech, I'm quite sure they're not as good of a solution as new seats, but I'm also quite sure that these are much more in my budget. Helps keep my seat in the seat so I'm not trying to support myself with my legs while driving. The front is one and a quarter inches, tapering to zero, but of course they could be whatever works for you. I also have the front adjusters in the low position, since I only have one of the adjusters and the low position is the only one it will balance in. :D I did have to get a couple of allen head cap screws to replace the front seat bolts, the length of which will depend on the amount you shim the seat, but that was my only expense. Like I say, not "perfect", but close enough that I'm on to other nit-picks.
I like your Idea , but dosent this push your legs up into the wheel ? I'm already having to watch it when going around a curve cause I will hit the top of legs.

Pawnshop

I am 6'-3" with a bum right hip that won't allow my knee to come straight up, and a size 13 boot that gets hung up on the pedals. I have the box seat in my deuce, I took the seat frame off and covered the hole with a piece of plywood, then I took the seat bottom off the frame and set it on the plywood. The result is that I can get my hips back against the back of the cab, the bad part is that my back is against the lip of the cab and the vibration goes into my spine. I have not driven far this way, and I don't think I can, my brain will turn to jelly! I am going to try to find/build a short seat that will get me some back padding, I will also try to raise the bottom to try to get a better angle on things.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Westech said:
man Im only 5 10 and it bunches me up too. Bad thing is even the FMTV's are not nice to guys over 6 foot at all. got to remind ya.. the deuce was designed in the late 40's for 18 year old kids, and back then they were not as tall as people today.
or as "thick".. heh

pa.rich

Ditto!Right now I am only driving the truck on my property, and the seat is removed. In its place a 12" styrofoam plastic covered seat, and no seat back. Much easier getting in and out. Also there is no tranny cover pans on the floor, so I can watch the pto shaft and both driveshaft universals turning. Lots 'o fun!

mcmullag

stretch

I'm 6'4" and still bend pretty good for a 47 yr old. My deuce bothers me a little after 45 mins driving.
What are you girls whining about? : )

Glen
my name is g-dawg mulligan and I support this message.