• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LONG TRIP

wilco

I am planing on a long trip up to MI in late Sept. 500+ miles.
I have a M35a2 D&D.
Are there any Peventative things I should chesk??

I Have Installed 11.00-20's for more speed /less RPM. Changed oil ( 15W40 )Rotella&Amsol mix. Changing all gear boxes and axle fluids. Lubing all 342 Lube points!
I would like to repack the hubs, but I will brobubly only have time to check them.

Attachments

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Um, I think you might have a wheel bearing problem in the rear unless you flip those hubs.....or dual them out again.

Westech

CPL
and you want to have the side covers installed on the hood there... the air flow is all messed up with them off. the rear of the engine wont get the cooling from the air flowing past, it will just blow right out the sides. there was a PM on it I saw.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
If you are not carrying any weight you may get by with no damage to the bearings. The hub flip is recommended when running outside only tires but I have singled up lots of dayton wheel trucks due to no spare and never had a problem with bearings. It looks nice and you should be good to go just take a credit card the price of diesel is just plain silly.

wilco

I wondered about that! But it is no differant than duels with an indide flat... And I dont plan on hauling much of any load... I am planing on flipping them when I find time!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Rich, you got more info on that side panel deal? I have been running the 109 with out them for years now.

Westech

CPL
I know I have seen the PM...cuz it stated the # 6 cylinder will get hot if the side panels are off. I will dig around and see if I can find it. But you for sure NEVER see any m's on base here running around with out the covers on.