• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lookin for a broken axle

Srjeeper

As most of my driving is ON rather than OFF road I'm looking for a broken axle for the hub end. Gonna remove left front rear axle, and want to use just the hub end of a broken one to cap off the hub. PM me if you have one and how much you'd like for it. :wink:

Srjeeper

Re: RE: Lookin for a broken axle

MUDLORD said:
you can also just use a driver cap from the front end if you can find one. they are the same size and bolt pattern as the rear axle would be

I know that's a possibility also Mike, but I want to keep it as orginal looking as I can and still free up the tandems.

I have this need to plague myself with details. :roll:

Thanks for the reply.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Lookin for a broken axle

If it means that much, I think you can get a used axle from Sam Winers for less than $50 or at least you could in the past.

Srjeeper

Re: RE: Re: RE: Lookin for a broken axle

Recovry4x4 said:
If it means that much, I think you can get a used axle from Sam Winers for less than $50 or at least you could in the past.

Thanks admiral, but I hate the idea of cuttin up a good axle. I'm certain there's someone out there thats broken at least one and wouldn't mind gettin it off the junk pile. :wink: One of our local fire companies said they had a guy break two when it started back down a hill backwards on him and he let the clutch fly. :oops: They had it repaired at a shop, but they toss everything that's broke. :roll:

ucfjeeper

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Lookin for a broken axle

try the chucktrucks forums ----> ( chuckstrucks.iforumer.com ). Post in wanted for a broken rear shaft. They'll all think your crazy, but you'll get one. And don't let them charge you too much for it, to them it's worth nothing until someone wants it...

Srjeeper

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Lookin for a broken axle

ucfjeeper said:
try the chucktrucks forums ----> ( chuckstrucks.iforumer.com ). Post in wanted for a broken rear shaft. They'll all think your crazy, but you'll get one. And don't let them charge you too much for it, to them it's worth nothing until someone wants it...

Thanks ucfjeeper. I tried to register on the site but it kept telling me the code was wrong and after 4 tries it bounces ya out.

Details, it's always the little details. :x

Srjeeper

Trango said:
I was looking for one of those too at some point - good luck!

I honestly can't believe this is so difficult to come by.. :? ..it's harder to find than "Chicken Lips".. :shock:

STILL LOOKING.... :wink:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have some for free but.........

Hey, wouldn't it be easier to locate and use a front axle drive flange? Or don't you like the looks...?

G.

Srjeeper

gringeltaube said:
I have some for free but.........

Hey, wouldn't it be easier to locate and use a front axle drive flange? Or don't you like the looks...?

G.
Thank you, but it's all about the look. Plus fronts are nearly as hard to come buy here.

Just my luck, I find a guy that has one and he's Uruguay, South America. :(

I'll bet there's all kinds of "Chicken Lips" layin around down there too, Right?
:lol:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, but it's like always: everything except what we just are looking for... and than it's 99% gasser stuff. Good that they share many parts with the newer models. :?

It would be easier to find a "chicken lip" than a more or less complete M35A2 worth of restoring. Don't even think about one close to running condition! All they lately sold at those public auctions, was junk! :(
(That's why from time to time I need to get some "candies" over there, from your big candy store to help refurbish our OD toys here and keep 'em alive! :) )

G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks