• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking at a Deuce next week

Varyag

So it looks like I am finally going to do it if the trucks I look at next week are worthy. It will be the first MV that I have bought since a m38a2 I had as a kid.
The guy wants 2 grand for a running and "drivable" A2 in "pretty good" shape. They don't look too bad and I am not worried about paint because I am going to have a guy here turn it desert like the trucks we had when I was in the CAV. I am a sucker for tan.

If you guys had any wise words on what to look at that might make the truck not worth it right off the bat, it would be great. I am going to break out the TM and do a full 10 level PMCS as soon as I see it, I am not sure what else to do.

Varyag

West side, south of olympia. A buddy just got 2 of them. 3 are left. I told my wife about it and she was like **** yeah, cheaper than ID motor pool. I hope to check them out on tuesday. I will post how they are.

Varyag

That sounds like a pretty good price. Where are you located in WA?
Bah, sorry man. I am in Garfield, Wa. The truck is south of Olympia. It is going to be a **** of a drive over the pass if the weather turns crappy. I will be chain hunting on the way over.

820, what does your moto 4 look like? I was setting one up to resemble a carc'd one. I would love a pic.

Last edited:

Varyag

Alright, an update.

I was talking to the guy today and it looks like I am deffinatly headed over. The 2 that I am interested in are mid 90s army rebuilds, have the d series multi fuel and have pretty fresh carc paint.

None have heaters, winches, bows or tarps. He said most are indicating less then 10k on the speedo, but we know how that goes.

My very awsome wife is all for it so we will start our vacation a day early to check em out.

Wish me luck slugging through Seatle holiday traffic.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks