• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking for 5.5 cast iron lift blocks

rjhiggins

I have put an 6 inch lift with 5.5 blocks in rear. The problem that I have is the taper on blocks are to much and has changed the pinion angle to much. I have put an shim under to help, but still need some twiking. i am actually looking for a 5.5 inch block with NO taper I think that will put me dead on in what I need. Does anyone have any idea, or I might have to have a machine shop make me some. Thanks

rjhiggins

I didn't put the shackle for 2 reasons. Cost and already had blocks. I dropped the transfer case and added a shim to rearend to get the pinion to move downward, but it wasn't enough. So I flipped blocks around and put shim in back now much better , but 3 degrees off from where needs to be. Yesterday I had time and I moved transfer case up 1/2 inch and it is almost perfect. I believe I am done with it. :grd: