• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a hydraulic head for a M35A2

PaFarmer

My piston is sticking again. I removed hydraulic head once before and after cleaning it ran fine, but now months later the piston keeps sticking. All the big vendors that pop up on a google search or out of stock.

Robin Strong

My piston is sticking again. I removed hydraulic head once before and after cleaning it ran fine, but now months later the piston keeps sticking. All the big vendors that pop up on a google search or out of stock.

Hello Frank.

I have a very good used complete fuel pump assembly including timing gear for a reasonable offer.
Is clean ready to install.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did a little digging and note that the Chinese manufacturer is still offering these.
They are made by Chinahanji and are a drop-in for our PSB6 AMBAC pumps.
Old threads exist here; for a while these heads were on eBay. They have been looked over by people that know this stuff and found to be well made and, in details, improved compared to the original.

I have zero affiliation or trade interest. I do, however, own one of these HH, installed in an LDT engine.

If you are in dire straits and need a factory new HH for the LDT-465 engine, here is the contact info that I found:

Military vehicle M35A2 Engine system

Hydraulic Head:
MFR P/N: HD90100A
Military P/N: 11802721
NSN: 2910-00-828-7176

ve-pump_HD90100.jpg

Fuel injector:
NSN: 4910-01-005-2850
Engine Model:
M35A2 Truck Engine LDT465-1C
Nozzle: NSN: 2910-00-860-2336 ADB-135S-126-7
Fuel Injector Valve Assy: NSN: 2910-00-861-1408

Read some of the older posts from around 2010 with regards to these and also the nozzles; the nozzles also work well, provided they send the correct ones!

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This may or may not help, but some people have a spare engine for parts, so you may wish to expand your search and look for a complete spare engine.

When I found a spare engine, the whole was less than what people charge for the pump.

Just an idea.

m782gear

Not sure where to plug this ...been years since I've been in SS.....I'm in great need of someone to help me " correctly" time a HH, ....I've tried one method I was given just find out it was incorrect.....I do not have a TM, I am a diesel tech. for a railroad so I'm not totally stupid to these thing but this one is pissing me off 😅 if you can help or lead me in a direction I'd appreciate it.
Thanks.
Nick

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure where to plug this ...been years since I've been in SS.....I'm in great need of someone to help me " correctly" time a HH, ....I've tried one method I was given just find out it was incorrect.....I do not have a TM, I am a diesel tech. for a railroad so I'm not totally stupid to these thing but this one is pissing me off 😅 if you can help or lead me in a direction I'd appreciate it.
Thanks.
Nick
Hey Nick!
The TMs are available for download free on this site. I did so many HH replacements at one time, I could do them with one hand tied behind my back, blindfolded, underwater, at night. 😂 But the last was almost 10 years ago, and I've slept since then so now I forget.

I recommend downloading the TM and printing off the pages you need. There is a bit of a trick to it, but if I could figure it out, anybody can.

m782gear

Hey Nick!
The TMs are available for download free on this site. I did so many HH replacements at one time, I could do them with one hand tied behind my back, blindfolded, underwater, at night. 😂 But the last was almost 10 years ago, and I've slept since then so now I forget.

I recommend downloading the TM and printing off the pages you need. There is a bit of a trick to it, but if I could figure it out, anybody can.
thank you.

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is what you are looking for:

dmetalmiki

Thanks.
Nick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks