• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking for a later model usmc hmmwv

TedG

Hi csx,
Thanks for you service.
You should find those where you are since that is where they are!!! Easiest way is to convert an M998 to a slant back. I can help with this option if you want.
Regards,

davidkroberts

go down the hill from the airfield, take a right at the marine checkpoint outside of the KBR chowhall and go to the parking lot on the right. There is a whole parking lot of them sitting around.......lol

csx7006

davidkroberts said:
go down the hill from the airfield, take a right at the marine checkpoint outside of the KBR chowhall and go to the parking lot on the right. There is a whole parking lot of them sitting around.......lol
the camp ripper chowhall?

davidkroberts

cant remember now its been since 2005 since ive been on al asad. or camp happy meal as i used to call it. im talking about the camp just down the hill where they billet the infantry guys so they dont beat up the airwing......

davidkroberts

but to be honest im not sure how anyone in the world can find any humvees at all anymore with the draconian DRMO requirements these days. hope you find one.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HMMWVs get out different ways, through other government auctions, and scrap sales. They sell enough parts you can build one. Granted, only a few get out this way, so they'll never be as common as WWII jeeps or even M151 jeeps, but they do get out.

dban

I know there is a 1993 HMMWV in Houston, Texas for sale. It is set up as a m998, but was purchased in 2000 as a stripped shelter carrier with only 114 miles. It currently has only 1500 miles on it. Let me know if you are interested

jwaller

I have a USMC 86 M998 that was rebuilt in 1995. I just put a new motor in it this weekend. pm me if your seriously wanting one.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was a guy in Belgium that had a USMC HMMWV. It was a 2002 model with like 4K miles. Apparently, he had the release letter from the USMC releasing the truck to a British officer. The officer sold it to a guy in the UK who sold it to its current owner in Belgium. I am not sure about the details, but this is what I was told when I called about it. He's had it on eBay several times. The truck is CHERRY and has all of the updates...6.5 turbo, OD tranny, push button light switch, three point seat belts, new paint, new tires, etc. I honestly am not sure how to contact the guy, though, and I am not sure about getting it into the US.

I have a 1992 (updated with A2 drivetrain, with 6.5 trubo, 4l80e, some armor but its a soft top) as well as three mid 80's running and driving regular 6.2L HMMWV's all with four man tops ranging from 2,200 mile to only 10,000 original miles on each. All in super condition and zero rust, new KDS control boxes (green), new glow plugs, aux grounding harnesses

Money talks.

Not actively selling them yet-but might dump one or two of the 6.2 liters for low 20's to focus on my other toys and new garage build.

They all have SF97 copies of release and Virginia state titles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks