• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a M925 - WTB

KSMTRUCK

Looking for a M925. I have the bug bad after inspecting one recently and trying to purchase on GL that went for a ton. :cry: The only way to get rid of this type of bug is pull the trigger on one! ;-) I'm located in KS.

KsM715

You will not get rid of the bug by buying one.:-D It just gets worse. Youll need a trailer or 2 then some odd ball green stuff just to pile in the back.

Im up in NE KS, terribly close to Ft Riley.

Welcome to the site.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the site. It's always nice to have some more 939-series folks around. Are you looking for a 925, 925A1, or 925A2?

KSMTRUCK

M925A1 :?: I'm not an expert on them as of yet......but from all my research and the one I tried to purchase at Ft. Riley was a M925A1 (250 Cummins/Super singled/No tire inflation system). I have been following your A2 project..........looking good!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
KSM, thanks for the compliment. I am always working on some kind of giant project. This will probably be the last one for a while though.

Any of the trucks are good in my book. I personally like super-singles so I gravitate toward the USMC 939's, the 939A1's, or the 939A2. I also really like the Cummins B and C series engines, so that makes me lean towards the 939A2's. CTIS can be expensive to maintain and a royal PITA to trouble shoot. I still like it because it's unique. The CTIS was fully functional on my 923A2 and I loved it.

There is a guy on here named Craig that has a USMC M925 from Schott's in Maine. He bought it off the lot and has been restoring it. It's a beautiful truck with lockers and 14.00R20 Michelin singles. I haven't seen Craig for a while though.

There are quite a few 939 guys on here now compared to a couple of years ago. More trucks seem to be filtering out. The members will be a good resource when it comes time for you to buy a truck. Don't be afraid to ask for help. That's what we're here for.

Your options are almost endless. You could buy one from a dealer, from a private owner, or keep waiting for another one to show up on GL. Prices will vary widely!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 1989 M925A2 available in MD with a clear MD title. You will not find a cleaner M925A2 anywhere. Less than 1,000 miles according to CARNAC (the gauges were missing when I bought the truck). The motor has about 8,000 miles on it (the motor was missing when I bought the truck, too, as was the transmission...see below). New gauges, new signal arm, new seat covers, new switches, new troopseats...no one has ever sat on them, recent Michelin XL 1400X20 tires (90% or better) on the correct rims (not HEMTT rims), all new CTIS components (CTIS still does not work!), recent CARC paint, rust-free, recent cab top, 6CTA 8.3 Cummins motor, rebuilt Allison automatic (I know it is rebuilt because I had it rebuilt by Allison about 200 miles ago and I have the receipts to prove it), new reflectors, new side marker lights, new composite lights, new headlights, fully serviced fewer than 400 miles ago (fuel filters, oil filter, Rotella oil, greased), etc. Truck starts up perfectly even in very cold weather. I started the truck up this past winter after it was 15-20 degrees for a week. Price available upon request. Please no tire kickers. If you want a $15-20K truck, please talk with one of the other guys. If you want THE NICEST M925A2 you will find, PM me. There is no comparison between the NHC250 and the 6CTA 8.3 motor. Once you have owned the latter, you will understand...and this is coming from a guy who currently owns an M929 with the NHC250. I have owned several M939 series trucks powered by the two motors and have thousands of miles driving them to make this statement. The NHC250 is a great, great motor. I would not hesitate to buy one. If your desire is just to own an M925, you can't go wrong with the NHC250, but I think the 6CTA 8.3 is a better motor.

If this truck does not sell before, it is most likely going to HALFTRACK (Jason) in LA once he sells one of his M936A2s.

Attachments

halftrack

You will not find a nicer or get as close as “like new” M925A2 than Bruce’s truck. I personally inspected the truck and it is top notch. Bruce is correct in the fact that I am trying to finish up my M936A2 project so that I can buy his cargo variant. However, we have an understanding that it is first come, first serve when selling and buying. I am hoping to have my M936 finished-up by end of April so I can work a deal out with him.