• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking for a site (newbie)

Thumpszilla

Ok guys I did quite a bit of reading here before I lost my hard drive. I had the site bookmarked but even after searching cannot find it now. The site I am looking for is for a dealer in wisconsin that restores and sells cucv's. I remember reading some bad reviews and I know the risks dealing with any place like this and I am not looking for a brand new vehicle. I do wonder if they are still restoring these since last timeI looked at the site they had none for sale. Do I need to just call them and order one? If someone can help a newb out I think you..

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you talking about alpha heaven? Why buy from a dealer? You will pay alot more than they can be bought for from an individual. I'd pm twright in NW GA. He currently has a M1009 and M1008 and owns a body shop and can paint as requested.2cents

Thumpszilla

Yes thank you. My reasons for buying from a dealer. 1. I want one that is still 24 volt and in very good condition. 2. I have already had one back surgery and possibly facing another soon along with shoulder surgery so I can't work on it. 3. I have heard alot more good then bad about them. 4. It will give me an oppertunity to see parts of this great nation I have never seen and possibly never will again. 5. I am currently waiting on a settlement that I may not get till the fall.

Now if something presents itself at that time in great condition both running and appearance at a better price that also meets the still 24 volt aspect I will consider my option but the road trip really sounds fun. Also thank you for answering my question and not flaming a newb when that info may be availible here somewhere.

Also it is a m1009 that I desire I have 3 kids and we like to ride in the mountains.

Scarecrow1

Ouch My Friend you sound like a blast from the past. I have Had both the spinal amd shoulder surjury . It ani't fun but You already know that don't you . In all fairness you may weigh the cost of a regular mechanic to the cost of a deisel one . They aren't real cheap around here . I know from my own life now that the frustration of not being able to do things your self is sometimes a real pain in the butt . Most know that the up keep is the secret to the long life spand of any car or truck. And if you end up like me then you may have to pay people to do all the work on it for you and that ani't cheap . Now this is a site that knows it all when it comes to these trucks but unless you know someone who can do the work for you it relly isn't much good . I have learned the hard way what my limitations are and thats why I dont have a the the Big boy Deuce in my yard yet . Good luck but think about the pros and cons of an M V first . Just my 2 cents worth .......

Thumpszilla

Thanks for all the replies you guys have been very helpful. I do know the difference in price between a gasoline and deisel mechanic as I was certified in both fields. I was originally a gasoline car mechanic then got certified as a deisel mechanic while working for a trucking company. The work I cannot do I can explain to my 15yr old son and my brother for the most part and have a great group of friends. I just don't want to deal with the initial hassle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks