• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for Advice

brock

Looking into buying a M923. I live in Orange County, CA and was hoping someone could share their experience. I am new to this community.

Feel free to give me a call. Leave a message if I dont answer.

Thank you,

Erich
(714) 488-2100

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome Erich! So your looking and considering a 923, First I see that you live in Orange County CA, I am not sure how the folks in Orange County think about LARGE Military trucks? (I could care a less) but possibly something for you to consider? Concerning the 939 series truck (923 is within this series) they are BIG and pretty darned impressive. They come with an Allison Automatic trans. they burn copious amounts of diesel, plan on driving the truck at 55 MPH or 2150 RPM, they are pretty darned modern compared to a Deuce, they have very good brakes and to me they are very comfortable to drive even long distances. There is no need to wear hearing protection inside them, YES they are that quiet. A couple questions for you, do you have any experience with larger Diesel trucks? You have a lot to learn about them if your answer is NO, the 939 series are a REAL TRUCK complete with full air brakes and all the complications that goes along with it, the Technical manuals will be your best friend for a while if you buy one! Do you have a space large enough to park it? Will you need a class A License to operate it? Do you have a place to work on it? Erich I am certainly NOT trying to put you off a truck like this in any way but I am just making sure that you think about what your getting into, My 925A1 is one of the most enjoyable trucks I have ever owned, and I wish you great luck on your quest!
KK

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks