• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for advise (newbie)

Brutusdog

I am new here. Had a couple bids in on a CUCV M1009 in the Indianapolis auction, had to go to the dentist and missed it by $70! The next auction coming up, that is remotely close, is Ft. Campbell. A quick review noted none of the CUCV 1009's "start" . Not having a trailer, not sure how I could get it back to Louisville. How do you guys do it? Also, the prices in Indy for "runners" was in the $1500 range. Is that normal?

kipman

1500 is about correct for a truck that is complete, with a good body, if you plan on driving it back, do your homework on this site, all your questions have been answered, use the search function, good luck.

zyrtecx

I would find a friend who has a trailer and a winch. Even if the vehicle is running it would not be advisable to drive it. If it is running would be to drive onto the trailer... If you had a towbar you could tow it home a pintle type hitch. Or you could just hire someone to trailer it home... I would trailer it home and check the vehicle out before I drove it to far...

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am new here. Had a couple bids in on a CUCV M1009 in the Indianapolis auction, had to go to the dentist and missed it by $70! The next auction coming up, that is remotely close, is Ft. Campbell. A quick review noted none of the CUCV 1009's "start" . Not having a trailer, not sure how I could get it back to Louisville. How do you guys do it? Also, the prices in Indy for "runners" was in the $1500 range. Is that normal?
Welcome Brutusdog!

Please observe the rules otherwise unpleasant things can happen, they are pretty sticky about the rules here..

Auction Postings: Please abide by the following rules concerning the posting of auction information in the forums:
• Do NOT post about future or current GL/GSA auctions. You may post about any auction after the auction is closed.

The complete rules are here:

Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite - Forum Rules

Thank you and enjoy the board!

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to SS and OD addiction!

Might want to look into renting the largest trailer U-Haul has to offer. Nice and cheap, 55/day and available everywhere. The M1009 will fit perfectly and a M1008 will fit, just. Tow it back home and start doing you PMs there. Alot easier.