• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for Barstow contact

Going to have a look at my newest toy in Barstow. Picked up a deuce at the GL auction Event # 3391. Still going through the long wait on my EUC process. Making a stop on Monday the 14th to have a look and see with the wife (she's doing her best to be a good sport) and kids (kicking and screaming). Hoping to get some connections from you guys on local Barstow Guy's in the know. And maybe someone to access the Deuce and get me up to speed on pos and negs. Been a member on SS for a short time , been watchin you guys as a non member for a bit longer. I have watched you guys get each others back and know ones eating their wounded. Its a breath of fresh air in this disposable society we all have to live in today. Thanks Mark

P.S. I'll post pictures once I get them

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd suggest calling ahead. Sometimes the GL people at Barstow can be difficult to deal with. If your EUC isn't cleared, the truck isn't really yours yet. But, you could just say that you are going to bid and want to preview trucks. I'd still call ahead. Remember to download and read the manuals and read the sticky at the top of the deuce page regarding things to tak when you pick it up.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
A few years ago, I was allowed to go check out a truck I had won there and the guy even let me take the batteries home to charge them before my EUC had cleared. My last truck I got from there, Dave the site manager, would not let me come out until the EUC was clear, .that was back in January. I would tell them you are going to inspect trucks coming up for auction. Good luck.

I've contacted Dave at GL Barstow with my intent to view deuce I won he seemed a little hard to nail down, however he did say I could do a drive by and look at it. Maybe I didn't make myself clear in my first post. What I really need is someone to go with me when the Euc clears and I have my paid invoice is in my hands. It would be of great help to this newbe to have hired hand (willing to pay within reason) on site. Kicking tires, checking out the mechs. basic how to info. Also final thought: back around your first purchases was there any thing that might have been helpful had you know better at the time IE; data plate info, things to look for condition wise,in general stuff you know today you wished you new then! Thanks Mark