• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for d ring clevis for my M1009

hobie237

You mean the shackle? Good luck trying to find one at a reasonable price. For some reason, people seem to think they're made of solid gold or something and want an arm and a leg for them (I've seen prices upward of $50 each). Any 4x4 shop can get you a similar replacement which will cost anywhere from $12 (not name brand) to $25 (name brand, like Superwinch). These are typically screw-in rather than pin-in, and will require painting to match the truck (or you could just leave it black, which is a common color for them to come in).

If you want to keep it "original," however, shop around. Like so many other things, I see these frequently listed and re-listed after lack of interest, so whatever you do, don't pay the asking price.

airmech

Good Luck, I'm in the same predicament. I have three and need one more for my 1008, everytime they pop up on e-bay they go through the roof. I want to stay original but just can't see $80+ for a pair.

hobie237

They're the same, all of them, for the Blazers and pickups, front and rear. Most Ace hardware stores have some that could be modified to look nearly the same as the originals (they use a pin, not a screw-in) with a can of paint and a grinder.

dunedigger

I always try real hard to buy products made in usa and have always purchased shakles made in usa from a website. They don't have the specific measurements that the cucv has so I'm shopping for an original. The guy that sold me the truck had all 4 on in the pic and is one of the questions I asked him and he said, yup, all 4 are included, what you see is what you get. Then he took one off. lol

hobie237

What a jackass, taking a shackle off like that. That's the kind of douchebaggery I really can't stand, there's no excuse for it. Just like the asshat on here that ripped me off for $210 and never sent the injection pump I purchased.

Anyway, you have three shackles, right? So you could either match one up to a shackle in a local store, or you could measure it to figure out what you need to order. Or you could hold out for an original. Have fun.

dunedigger

What a jackass, taking a shackle off like that. That's the kind of douchebaggery I really can't stand, there's no excuse for it.

Anyway, you have three shackles, right? So you could either match one up to a shackle in a local store, or you could measure it to figure out what you need to order. Or you could hold out for an original. Have fun.

Thanks, yeah the guy bought two of the M1009's and I think he swaped every part he wanted right before I showed up to drive it home. Nice.

hobie237

Yeah, people like that piss me off, and there have been more and more reports of stuff like that lately. I've stopped buying stuff online unless I can do the deal in person or it's with an actual, reputable business or individual. Oh well.

Personally, I would have walked away from the deal when I showed up and realized what was going on, if I realized what was going on while I was there.

dunedigger

Just bought an original shackle on ebay for 25 bucks so I have a full set now. As long as nobody steals them off my truck I'm good. Lol.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks