• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for discussion regarding differences between builds

Mechlogic

For the longest time I've wanted a deuce and perhaps now's the time. Didn't hurt that I grew up playing in these things.

I'm wondering what the difference is between the different builds - i.e., I hear names like Continental, AM, Kaiser, Whistler, and Jeep being used ... can anyone comment or point to a web page that has discussion on this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rich

FreightTrain

Banned
RE: Looking for discussion regarding differences between bui

Fresh Fish!!!!!!!

Ok,To put it simply all deece are teh same no matter who made it(of the same model(M35,M109,M108,etc).Just who got the contract to build them.There will be small changes here and there but they are essentially the exact same truck no matter who is on the tag.Also there is 5 engines but the last 3 are basically the same.Gasser,LD427 Multifuel(Rare and hard to find parts for),LD465 Non turbo,LDT-465(two flavors.C turbo that is the whistler and D turbo that just has a bark but no bite).non turbo to turbo is about 5 or 6 horses more.

Mechlogic

Do all of those mtors run on JP-8 or is that limited only to the multi-fuel? I have accesss to some fuel (JP- 8 ) as I do mil fuel cell development and the spent fuel is actually a problem to get rid of! It would help if I could dump it into the fuel tank of the deuce.

BTW- Is it called the one called the whistler because of the whistle it makes when revving up?

Capt.Marion

JP 8 I think only in the multi-fuels, if even. I think you have to dilute it with some motor oil, as I seem to recall that straight jet fuel gets the engine too hot. I'm not sure.

And, yes, the whistler gets its name from its high-pitched and loud whistle.

FreightTrain

Banned
The LD427 and LD465(and turbo versions) will basically eat anything combustable(some things better than others).I would add some filtered used motor oil to anything now days to the fuel or a gallon of fresh motor oil for lubricationThe multifuel part of the engine was for short term use in emergency situations not long term use.The pump will wear much faster with gasoline,Kero,Jet fuel(not suposed to use but I have heard you can),and modern diesel since the pump is lubricated by the fuel in a lot fo places...Yea,there is a Vid linked in my signature of the whistler turbo.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks