• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for gun ring and door pictures.

jmpogue89

I have access to a laser and press brakes so I’m looking for good pictures from anyone who has parts or complete frame for the gun ring, rear soft side panels, and doors. The more detailed the better so I can reproduce them.
Thanks
Justin

M1163

I have access to a laser and press brakes so I’m looking for good pictures from anyone who has parts or complete frame for the gun ring, rear soft side panels, and doors. The more detailed the better so I can reproduce them.
Thanks
Justin
Hi Justin
See if these help
Cheers, Paul

Attachments

BFGOrdnance

Thanks
Justin
Curious on your progress making the uprights and gun ring. I am planning on doing something similar. Maybe we can compare notes. I also have fab capabilities. Thanks.

Crapgame

What do you think about sizing the ring to use the silver or black aluminum HMMWV M1025 turret bearings? I see a couple different LSV variant M1161s, different superstructure over the back deck. Use the bottom side rails welded to the diamond plate as the roadmap for the top side rails, as far as the diameter of the round lugs on the ends that the bolts pass through?

This top/rear view of the gun ring shows some good detail, inverted U shaped, the bearing radius protruding past the rear edge, lots of lightening holes, depending on the superstructure width, the HMMWV early turret bearings could work. bolted to the underside of the gun deck, and the weapons mount, back pads and traverse lock attached to the bearing inner ring.
M1161 LSV Gun Ring Rear Top View1.jpgM1161 LSV Gun Ring Top View.jpg

Last edited:

BFGOrdnance

anyone bidding on the aft support frames or gun rail mounts on Ironplanet?
I was VERY interested ... but like many auctions, I couldn't believe how high they went. $14,015 was final winning bid (177 total bids). With that said, if whoever won them is on here, I'd be interested in getting a couple good pictures if you are so willing.... I am planning on making a gun ring or two. I'm a firearm manufacturer and our belt fed 30 would go nicely with the Growler.

Crapgame

Those 13 look like they were all one side, the curb side, but at least they answer a lot of questions and would allow them to be reproduced in mirror image. Sheesh, $1000+ each, for one side before fees and markup.

jmpogue89

Just seeing your post. Yes there were a couple of pallets on govplanet but SECO probably bought them and the cost per rail ended up being $1,500 each!! that doesnt include the 10%buyers premium it was a pallet of 10 rails. The supports for the rails went for $8,000 for 13 of them

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks