• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking for instructions on how to install bows and cover

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Information Manual

As posted above, your friendly -10 manual is a fine read. Found your bows and tarp info on page 2-216 onward.

It shows you how to install and out stall them.

Scan through your Not so Tech manuals then check through the M135 manuals at MilitaryTrucks.ca - Welcome! .

What a difference a few years made on the "Information Required Before Operating" IRBO manuals. You have it easy.

Can you post pics of how it's done......when you're done?

fasttruck

Make sure you check out the part in the TM about the top or main section of the canvas: there is one front and one top so it, if correctly installed, only fits one way. If you have a geniune Army spec tarp that is.

seano11

Lol mine are gonna take a crap load of beer and maybe some wood to modify ill take pics when done trying to make drop side seats fit a nOne drop side bed

seano11

Ok got a surprise text today from the wife she installed the troop seats bows and cover today by herself. I'm pretty impressed but she's stuck on one thing and wanted me to ask what these straps and clips are for ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349987322.270877.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1349987338.547987.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1349987353.048452.jpg

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think so - my GMA cover had the camo on the outside, and those straps were on the inside. I believe they are used to strap the cover to the bows or troop seats, to prevent the cargo cover from wiggling around in the wind when driving.

steelandcanvas

The sides roll up on the outside, the straps are to keep it rolled up. There should be one part of the strap on the inside and one on the outside, or a clip to connect the inside strap to. Don't confuse these roll-up straps with the tie-down straps on bows #1 and #5. Clear as mud eh? :grin:

kurtkds

yep, the cover is on inside out...

And there is a "front" and "back" to it.

The back will have those straps to allow the back curtain to be rolled up and secured.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks