• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for odd deuce parts

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Hello guys,
I am looking for the rotating platform and gin poles for a V17A/MTQ 6x6 telephone line maintenance truck. Also need rear steps for same truck (which mount at the rear of the frame).

Also need the large spring that goes on the foam gun mounted on the top of a 530C deuce fire truck.

Thanks for any leads.

Sincerely,
David Doyle

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Thanks Kenny! There is an orange one on a range on the left coast too. Supposedly one in a junk yard near Baltimore too - but I have yet to find it. Finders fee - paid guys!

DD

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Nope, supposedly the yard has primarily civy vehicles, wtih the remains of a telephone truck in the back near a fence. Kinda vague, huh?

Any ideas?

DD

JDToumanian

I wasn't familiar with a V17A/MTQ, so I did a Google search to find pictures... Dave Walker here in Hesperia had a complete one, a little rough, minus the truck chassis... it was just the body. He didn't even know what it was, I think he referred to it as either an 'odd variant' or 'custom body' M35, but that's what it was...

He sold it to a fella in Pioneer Town, CA a few months ago. I'll ask him about it next time I'm there, I need to stop by this week to pick up some stuff.

Jon

TacticalTruck

The B'more lot is probably Lithicum (sp?) motors but they went thru a major scrap drive a few years back and they were extreemly difficult to deal with..."that's my price and if it doesn't sell it can sit there and rot"...till he scraps it for a fraction of my offer. I'll see Fred tomorrow, he'll know what is there.
Jeff

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Jeff,
If you locate it - call me. I'll give you a shopping list, and send you the $ - you can put the stuff with my trailer! :)

DD

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks