• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for pic's of M125 +155gun or 8"how

jasonjc

I was thinking the other day about the towwed artillary thread. Some how the 10 ton came to mind. I read that it was made to tow the 155mm gun or the 8"howitzers. I was wanting to see one of these set ups. How cool would that be in a parade.

On a side note what towed artillary pice was it that had the 8 wheel under carage? There is one in OKC at the 45inf museum. Can any of you OKC'er post up some pic's:roll:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have some pics of "Gate Guardians" artillery on my other puter.
I'll transfer them to my laptop and post them if I can.
You may be thinking of the "Long Tom" with the 8 wheeled carriage.
Several of them on Fort Benning, Ga. on static display.
Just looking at them I think it would take a hoss to pull them.
They may have been pulled by an armored tractor.....too far back for me to remember.

M1075

On a side note what towed artillary pice was it that had the 8 wheel under carage? There is one in OKC at the 45inf museum. Can any of you OKC'er post up some pic's:roll:

I saw that last week at the veteran's ceremony and man is it big. I think it was 8" but the trailer setup really got my attention. I'll get some pics on my next trip.

No.2Diesel

Mack NO Pics

Hi,

The attached pictures don't show an M125....A Mack NO with a similar towed piece is close enough....

Notice the large load of shells in the second pic. These are original prints that I scanned at a high resolution. Enjoy

Attachments

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a shot of an M125 with a towed gun (not sure of the size). This was posted on the mil-veh list years ago and I think it was from South Korea after the war. Sorry it's not a side shot, but it's the only pic I've got of an M125 towing a gun.

Attachments