• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for pictures of deep water exhoust stack mounts

UnimogMike

I need help from those of you who have the deep water fording exhaust stack. I want to mount one to my 96 civilian H1 and need to see how exhaust pipes mount in front of the rear drivers side tire and where to drill the two holes that mount the stack to the body. If some one has pictures or diagrams of how it is mounted it would be grately appreciated.

Thank you

Mike

TedG

Hi Mike,

There is a big bracket that mounts inside the wheel well and it takes about 12-1/4" bolts. This provides the support for the verticle pipe to connect to via 2 rubber bushings and bolts.

Regards,

UnimogMike

Cool I got couple of replies. If some one has picture of this bracket please post it, I just want to see how it looks so I can make one or if some one has one let me know how much.
I have the stack and the two rubber gromets and the bracket that has 3 holes in it, but no I idea how to mount this bracket or where.

Thank you again for any help

Mike.

TedG

Mike,

I have an extra bracket and I can assemble the correct nuts/bolts/rubber bushings. Here is the bracket...pm me if you want

Regards,

Attachments

UnimogMike

Sweeeet, this is what I was looking for. One more question, any diagrams on what has to bee done to pressurize drive train for actual deep watter. My understanding some additional hoses have to be installed to get better watter protection. I realize I have computer and radio and much more inside that has to be protected, but mainly I am looking for what army does to watter proof the drive train. Already have the snorkel and the exhaust stack on.

Again thank's to all of you.

Mike

If my memory serves me correct-the kit comes with a deep fording CDR valve, waterproof trans and engine oil dip sticks (locking rubber grommet), dash mounted deep water select valve to route all venting through air breather snorkel tube line, water sensor cup, power steering dipstick vented cap, and lines to tie all vents together and into the deep water select valve.

And obviously the exhaust pipe and intake tube.

I believe I have one kit that has everything minus the snorkel and exhaust pipe (includes new brackets shown above, hardware, valves and lines ect...) I had a truck come in with all small parts installed but had a damaged fording intake snorkel and exhaust tubes. If you are interested-send me a PM and we can work a reasonable price out.

Attachments

TedG

Mike,

I pm'd you back. Then I read this. If you want to "install" the complete DWFK, then it might be best to buy one about $250 range on ebay. Then you get everything you need plus a diagram. If not, I have a DWFK that is opened and I can scan the diagram(s) and send them to you with the bracket. Let me know...

Regards,

Edit: Then I read actionpaintballs post and I would go his route...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks