• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking for stencils

wsucougarx

I got a nice program from Gringeltube. It's a font program you can thow into Microsoft Word. I went to Walmart and got some card stock for my inkjet. Printed off what I needed and used an exacto knife to cut out.

WPNS421

For the weird size stencils, I took a picture and the demnsions and took them to a small sign company that makes plastic signs. The put the pictue in the computer, sized it and then cut the stencil on a stencil paper, put tape on both sides. When I go to use the stencil I peel off the back and stick it on the truck, I then peel off the front and there is the stencil, I then paint it, I let it dry and then peel off the stencil. Perfect stencil no run off. This is expensive but the results are great. The stencil is a one time use.. Another way to do it.

rlwm211

I use "Sticker paper" from Avery. You can get it at Walmart. Somewhere on Steel Soldiers site there is a download for the correct font. I also found the TM for the correct letter sizes and what to put where on the truck. Print the lettering out on your printer, and then using a Stencil knife, cut out the parts you wish to paint. The nice thing is that the stencil being made out of sticker paper self adheres to the paint on the truck just enough to stay in place. I used an Airbrush to paint the lettering. Remember to stay at a 90 degree angle to the workpiece and be careful not to spray at an angle that will lift the stencil off the surface.
You can use a standard font such as ARIAL also, but remember to not cut the last portion of the connections of the letters with the centers until it is on the truck.
I used to do production painting and also decorative painting for a commercial sign company. I have probably painted over 250 gallons of dupont centari while I worked there along with all sorts of speciality paints for plastics and architectural coatings. Hope this helps...

59apache

Chipmaker
a sign maker can cut stencils with a simple plotter. the only think he need is a font or data from adobe illustrator, converted in path's.
the price is close to nothing.....

Numbers

Some teachers in the school system have a machine that will place any font in and a stencil will come out the other end.

The Font on this site is located on olsteelsoldiers site and depending on who you talk to, is not correct for all applications. Compare what Rick Larsen has done to the font and you will see.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks