• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for supplier

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm working on behalf of a man who owns a fleet of military vehicles (mainly 5 tons) and he uses them daily commercially. He has tasked me to find him a list of suppliers for the various parts he needs. I am looking at the usual, Saturn etc, but if we can finds an individual who is willing to form a long term relationship and supply parts for a fleet of trucks, we would be willing to go that route too.

A critical need right now is a radiator for the 800 series Cummins, an air pack (not the rebuild kit, but the pack itself), and tires.

If we can find a good deal on mounted 1600X20 split rims (like on a HMMT) that would be awesome.

Please PM me with details or a phone number and I'll be glad to call.

Jones

The problem I've run into is that surplus dealers only have what they get from any given auction and there's no guarantee of anything coming out repeatedly enough to be called a stocking item. Unfortunately, the dealers who have a large stash of parts are generally aware what the stuff is worth so the only thing to hope for is one who'll cut you a deal because you keep coming back and buy more than one part at a time. If you're willing to keep spending money with him, he'll often start giving better prices and trotting out nicer parts to keep you coming back.
You may also be up against the fact that some bigger dealers always keep back stuff for themselves so that they can finish out a near complete truck and sell it as a runner.

Once you find a radiator for instance; regardless of condition, it can always be re-cored or have the tanks repaired or replaced. It's just locating one to begin with.
Same with other components. Once your friend builds up a stockpile of the parts he needs on a regular basis, the best thing is to work out a relationship with a rebuilder who'll cut him a deal if he's a steady repeat customer.

See if any of the parts he needs have a civilian application. I've seen the same part for two different prices because one was off of a Peterbilt and one was off of an M-series military truck. (I think "military" is the term for $$$$$$$$ in lots of parts dealer's minds)

As a a last resort, check with the manufacturer. They often have better prices because you're buying direct and four outfits in between aren't each tacking on a little for themselves.

This may not be exactly what you wanted to hear but if your friend has a fleet he has to keep up and running, he may not have the time or a fleet schedule that allows him to troll the surplus outfits hoping he'll run across the part(s) he needs.

littlebob

On the same subject, is it OK to post links to post links to suppliers that don't advertise here or aren't members? I posted some I had found, but in retrospect, what have they done for us. I know I found some of them here, but not all.

frodobaggins

On the same subject, is it OK to post links to post links to suppliers that don't advertise here or aren't members? I posted some I had found, but in retrospect, what have they done for us. I know I found some of them here, but not all.
My opinion is, in this hobby, we need every resource we can find.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks