• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for surplus store in TX!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All,

Im trying to remember the name/location of a surplus store that I visited a few times when I was driving from Arkansas to Texas... It was somewhere right along Interstate 30 (visible as you were driving on I30) between Texarkana and Dallas, but I seem to remember MUCH closer to the AK/TX line than Dallas... They had barns full of stuff, alot of stuff outside, and a decent sized store... I seem to remeber a jet plane or parts to one that was right in the parking lot..

Any ideas?

Thanks!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's Turner's Surplus, Hooks, TX. Visit there when you pick up your GL winnings at Red River Arsenal. My Clark Planeloader forklift came from Turners. Great little store, not too much in the way of army truck parts. For that, visit Red River Parts, just down the Interstate.

NewWheeler

Is that the same as Red River Parts and Equipment? They are right across the highway on the north side of 30 from the RRAD. In the summer when everything is green they'd be hard to see from the road though. You'd pretty much have to know they were there.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, thats the place! Thanks!
RRP&E is different.. Thats a MV "graveyard" where they have several acers of MV's, trailers, you name it.. Cool place to walk arround. Looking at some of the bumper #'s is a history lession in itself, as alot of the trucks were in 2nd Armored Div,1st BDE, and went to DS.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks