• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for terminal block/power ideas

DXTAC

I know many of you have done a similar mod before but I have searched the threads and haven't come up with much. I am looking to add a terminal block/s for power somewhere in the cab of my 1009 to power accessories like my GPS, phone, CB and maybe more stuff down the line. I know where to get the 12V power from but I am looking to maybe build an easy access box to contain the blocks (one for power and one for ground) and miscellaneous wiring. Has anyone here done anything like this? I'm sure I'm not the only one that has wanted to do this. Any ideas/pictures would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,

Mohawk Dave

I recommend using the Blue Sea fuse block with the ground. I have two of them, each with 12 circuits, powered by a 4 gauge off my distro block then through the firewall- there is a grommet behind the motor, in the curve of the firewall- just use some wire to feed your 4 gauge through.

My power comes in and hits a relay- the one side continues to one block which makes that full time power, and the other side must go through the relay which is powered on by my ignition.

If you do the relay, make sure it is continuous duty- I believe mine is 85 amps from NAPA and cost $50 or so. I can get you the part number if you want.

Disclaimer: Please do not judge my awesome wiring job yet- I will be building my center console soon and therefore left my wiring long to run my switches and what not to the console face. But they are heat shrunk and safe in the meantime.

Here's some pics. I am running my Lowrance GPS, Garmin GPS, CB, external speaker, a cigarette lighter thing with two usbs in it, my dome lights, my fog lights, and a few other things.

Here's the link for it. http://www.amazon.com/Fuse-Block-At...FTHC/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1306210357&sr=8-7

Thanks,

Dave

Attachments

Last edited:

cucv1833

I plan on running a 4-Ga. wire from the front batt+ to a juntion box on the fire wall in the engine bay driver side. Then redo my glowplug resister bypass from there and run a 8-Ga. from the junction box on the firewall to a new fuse bank mounted by the E-brake and run all my 12V circuits from there via a toggle switch

Oldsouthernboy

If you still have the radio buss bars in our m1009, remove all the wiring from the truck. Then using the old loom if you can run a heavy wire through the loom long enough from the front battery to the postive fuse block. Reinstall the loom with wire attach to postive on the front battery, and then to the postive buss bar. That will give you 12 volt in the vehicle to power off of for any thing you want to run. just use a in line fuse or a fused terminal block from there. Then drink a cold beer

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks