• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking to buy...

torpedo

Ive been searching through the forum for information and i was just hoping to get something a little more specific...

Im thinking of buying a deuce. I used to drive one of these in the Natl Gaurd and it would be really awesome to own one. I do have some questions first, though and i would appreciate any help i could get even if you just point me in the right direction.

1- Do i need a CDL to drive one? register one?

2-Does anyone know the Georgia Regulations on these vehicles or where i can find them? I plan on calling the DMV tomorrow, but just wanted to see what anyone else knows. Has anyone tried to tag them in Georgia before??

3-Is it better to buy one from auction or try and get one from one of the surplus stores that have already restored them and gotten them running? Ive seen several places that sell them running for less than $5k. Is that bogus or about right??

4-what kind of fuel mileage can i expect to see? (This question is more to satisfy the wife)

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
For a first timer getting a deuce, I would say get one from a private seller. 5K should get you a well maintained and good looking truck. 6-14 mpg.

drthunder33

This iste is FULL of great info relating to your questions. I've personally been using the search feature and come up with loads of answers to questions in my own personal search for a deuce.

Good luck on getting a deuce!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks