• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking to purchase 1st Deuce. Any advice?

BimmerPower

Banned
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forums and really enjoy reading up on the Deuce as well as other military vehicles on here. Excellent forum!

I'm looking to purchase my first Deuce and am from the CT/RI border. What I am looking for is a M35A2 whistler turbo, hard top, canvas, heater, winch etc with paint and body in good condition. Is there anything that I should know or look at before I purchase? There are a few trucks in OH that I am debating purchasing but they are kind of far away. Is there a good resource for Deuce's closer to my area or should I find a way to get it home (no idea on how or how much transport would cost)? Thanks in advance!

Lex_Ordo

I bought mine from a used car dealer in Jackson, NJ. He gets them from auction, and re-sells them. It needed a bit of cosmetic restoration, but I just got the truck back from my mechanic and he told me that the truck was very well cared for mechanically. It had new brakes, New tires, New wheel cylinders, new master cylinder, rebuilt in 1986, runs great, and motor is nice and tight. For the price, I got a great truck, that will last many, many years to come.

PM me if you want his tel. #. It is worth the trip to take a look at what he has. I was there in late Sept. early Oct. and I think a I saw around 18 or 20 trucks. Everyone was different.

BimmerPower

Banned
Thanks for the reply's. I will look into everything. If you can PM me his number Lex that would be great. If he has a website it would be even better! :-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks