• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lost all 12V power in my M1009

jlhobdey

Hello,

I just bought a 1984 M1009. The alternator went out and caused me to not be able to start her, I jump started her and now none of the 12V devices are working. All of the lights including driving, brake, dash, etc do not work.

Anyone know where and what the device is that could have gotten blown?

Thanks

jlhobdey

Yeah, I just replaced the driver side alternator, and the passenger one was already showing good output. I tried the blackout lights in every postion and it didn't help at all.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, check the fusable link that feeds the 12v system.

It is the smaller red wire on the negative terminal of the rear battyer. It changes to a blue fusable link at the 12v ENG WRG HARNESS BLOCK. It is a 12ga link.

It is located on the firewall next to the brake master cylinder.

Download the free repair manuals and study the wiring diagrams that are in the appendix of the -20 or -34 manual.. Also study the first few pages of the Troubleshooting Section.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/61761-link-cucv-tms-free.html

Also spend time removing and cleaning all the fuses and holders in the fusebox. Disconnect the batteies first. The fuse box diagram is in the manuals.

Spend time reading the CUCV Wiki and the CUCV stickies.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks