• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lost and Found, a 50+ year journey

wgtactical

Here is a photo of a friend of mine named Ronnie Gay right after we received the Blood Sweat and Tears V100. Being a retired law enforcement officer himself, he was always interested in our projects here at the shop, and this former police vehicle was no exception. A natural story teller, Ronnie would make you think of Jerry Clower and that is a gift all by itself.

He may not look too familiar to many of you from this photo, but most (if not all) of you has enjoyed laughter as a result of his short appearance on a hit movie back in the 70's.

20211214_130000.jpg

After a long battle with that dreadful disease we are all too familiar with, Ronnie passed away on Oct 21st. His final days was typical of anyone else in that condition, but he still maintained a warm and sometimes comical attitude toward those who came to visit. The most memorable for me was just four days earlier when I stopped by, which happened to be my birthday. When he found out, he asked "how old?" and I asked him "why, you going to sing for me?" Well none of us were prepared to what happened next...he actually sang it in a voice that we thought had left and was never coming back. Seemed Ronnie still had at least one more trick up his sleeve and that one caught us all off guard. Let's just say the smiles and tears will never be forgotten.

Ronnie's Obituary

image.png

RIP Master Trooper

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks