• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lots of water on the floorboard

galeo7171

I replaced all of my weatherstripping last week. Today was our first day of good rain. I noticed that a lot of water has gathered on my driver's side floorboard. It looks like the water came in from the vent area near my feet. Is there a seal down there somewhere that is prone to leakage?

AJMBLAZER

Could be the windshield seal but the fresh air duct in front of the windshield has been known to have the water traps fill up with crap and then water end up not having anywhere to go but into the ducting and then down to the floor.

jpinst

On my m35a3, which only has 5000 mi on it, I noticed under the floor matting, there are some joined areas of the floorboard going perpendicular to the body, that are not sealed that well. I filled them up with silicon. Problem solved.

You might also want to take the truck out in the daylight, open all the doors, and put a work light inside--then get underneath the truck and see if you can see any light coming through. That is how I found the leaks.

ssgtwright-usmc

Sounds like a good idea and hopefully that will find the leak.
As for gaskets seals being on the side vent, they do have seals but I dont think the seals are your problem.
Do you notice water on your floor after a rain when not driving or you see it when you are driving?
I beleive you have a vent cloged as stated above and check that first.