• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Loving my MEP-003A

helomedic1171

So I get home after 9 months of, uh, "vacation", and my wife has done a great job taking care of the house, the bills, the twins (daughters), and everything. My truck still runs, and my garage is still clean. life is good. I go crank up my generator, and nothing. I check the batteries, one is 12v, the other shows 5v. I charge the offending battery, hook it back up, and the Genny cranks up like nothing happened. and the best part? I didn't even spill my beer. glad to be back, hope you guys are well.

-Doc

jamawieb

Glad to have you back, I assume you've been serving this great country. If so, thank you for your service. I have a MEP-002a that sat for over 1 1/2 years and all I had to do is add batteries. It ran perfect with the same old fuel. The units are Great!! If any one needs an mep-002a, just let know, I know where some are at a good price.

1800 Diesel

So I get home after 9 months of, uh, "vacation", and my wife has done a great job taking care of the house, the bills, the twins (daughters), and everything. My truck still runs, and my garage is still clean. life is good. I go crank up my generator, and nothing. I check the batteries, one is 12v, the other shows 5v. I charge the offending battery, hook it back up, and the Genny cranks up like nothing happened. and the best part? I didn't even spill my beer. glad to be back, hope you guys are well.

-Doc
Welcome back home safe & sound. 9 months is a long time to be away from family. Reading your post made me remember I haven't cranked up our 1st MEP-003A (bought from a dealer near Vegas back in the mid-90s) in several months. Batteries are maintained and verified near 26v across the two. Went to pre-heat, prime--all good, then when I hit start, panel lights went dim, heard a solenoid (not the starter) and then nothing. Since it was late, shutdown for the night and now looking through the TM. Hopefully it's a simple correction. Will report back once I get some results. :)

Kevin

helomedic1171

Thanks guys, it's good to be back. I've been catching up with my daughters and hanging out with the wife and relaxing good bit. Diesel, good luck - I'm sure you'll figure it out. Jerry, thanks brother, good to hear from you. Jama, thanks bud.

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Early on in our hitch my spousal unit painted a sign for me that read "Home is where it is". More than happy to learn of your return. Thanks, and welcome back.