• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

low air alarm

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
check ti see the wire came unplged from the buzzer, that is what i found on the 819, if its not that ,look for the air pressure switch, see if that wire is lose

Divemaster920

Banned
I like my low air alarm....I have enough going on while driving. I very seldom look at my air gauge. And when I do, I have too look cross eyed at it to read it.

Jake0147

It's a simple device to test. A low air condition causes battery positive to be applied to the single wire going to the buzzer box, and it is grounded via it's case. Drain the tanks down, flip the main switch on, check for power at the wire to the buzzer.
If power is not present, check the switch for power in, then you can chase down the wiring/switch issue for no power in, or you can condemn the switch if it's not "switching" that power that's available to it.
If power is present at the buzzer, verify the ground path (apply power to the buzzer wire and check the case with a test light, should NOT show power), and you can either repair the poor ground path, or if that's fine then you can safely condemn the buzzer.

Lots of folks unhook them, I'm OK with that since this is really here to assist the brakes, it's not like full air where an air failure causes no brakes at all. Personally however I kind of like having it there. If nothing is wrong you'll only ever hear it just after startup.

airmech3839

Mine must be loose or associatted with the fact that one of my Batts is low...gotta get a new one....sometimes it will come on and sometimes not....

Tracy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks