• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Low budget updates to the B/O lamps and licence / 3rd high mount brake lamp.

cucvrus

I have updated all of my CUCV's to LED B/O lamps and the Crown of Thorns to LED high mount brake lamp . It was inexpensive. And no it is not Mil Spec. 020.jpg021.jpg019.jpg012.jpg013.jpg014.jpg015.jpg016.jpg017.jpg018.jpgThought I would post it anyway. they are all used Truck Lite LED lamps. The license lamp works well to convert the old 30 year old B/O drive lamp to LED. No worries about water and rust anymore. This is not restoring. This is making functional and keeping it in budget. The high mount 3rd brake lamp is from a 1995 S10 Blazer. It is the hush. Good luck with your projects.

cucvrus

Yes I have been known in the past to dive down deep all the way down and take mufflers from sunken cars. However the official meaning of the Diver down decal may be a direct violation of the Steel Soldiers web site. My brother was a diver and I just liked the reflective decal. That I am a huge Van Halen fan also plays part of it.

MarcusOReallyus

And no it is not Mil Spec. ... This is not restoring. This is making functional and keeping it in budget.

Hey, maybe there is hope for you yet! :mrgreen:

;)

I like that third brake light. That's an excellent mod. Good safety update. Those third brake lights are a good thing. :beer:

cucvrus

Lot's of hope. I just don't change things that work well and try to make them better. It is not in my Lo Budget plan. I truly do not have any problems with any of these vehicles with the OEM set up. Sorry. I did have to run the wire all the way from the brake switch at the pedal to get the high mount light to get it to light with the brakes only. And it does flash with the 4 ways only wired that way. Thanks. I will take that a compliment and I hope you enjoy the Happy Thanksgiving. I am working on a new plan with some micro LED amber lights in the grille and 2 red as evil eyes. I will post when I complete the task. I do have a CUCV winter front that don't fit any of my CUCV's since I modified the lights. I have a good idea I am brewing for that also. All Low Budget. I do not want to cut the winter front so I will make a winter front out of something else that will look quite cool when I am done.

MarcusOReallyus

I am working on a new plan with some micro LED amber lights in the grille and 2 red as evil eyes.
I don't know about Pennsylvania, but in most states, red lights in the front will get you some quality time by the side of the road, talking to Officer Friendly. Paperwork will likely be involved, followed soon after by an exchange of funds, which will not be in your favor.

Hope your Thanksgiving was great! OR is being great, or something.... :D

cucvrus

003.jpgI have installed these truck lite electronic flashers in all my CUCV's. They work on 12/24 volt vehicles. They will flash standard incandescent or LED lamps. Rated for 35 amps max. They have built in short circuit overload protection. This is the picture of the unit. It mounts on the firewall and looks good. I bought a whole case of them at a sale about 10 years ago. I put 2 per vehicle and they are silent and screwed down and grounded look OEM.