• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Low coolant at idle

br44

I have a funny little conundrum that I cannot figure out. The title pretty much sums it up. Every time I start the truck nowadays I have a Low coolant light pop on. I let the truck warm up and it stays on. Once I get goin, The light goes out. When I stop at a sign or light, It turns back on. Thoughts? I am thinking a plugged up radiator or bad thermostat. The light is only on at idle, and the reserve and rad are full.

EDIT
oh yeah... and i discovered this right after i did a quick fix on my heater core leak problem. ya know... the 3/4 to 5/8 connector thing
btw the fix works like a charm (no more green puddle in my car)

Oldsouthernboy

On the left side of the radiator as you stand on look at it, about mid way down is the sensor, It will have a black cap with wire from it, you may have a dirty or loose connection to your sensor, clean it and make sure you have a good connection, or replace the sensor costs about 8.00 for the new sensor. This wiring comes off the right head light assy, under the front battery, some times I have found the sensor end cut off but the end is grounding out on the frame as you drive.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks