• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

low pressure mep003 pumps

robkiller

So as part of my trouble shooting to figure out why my unit is hard to start I am looking to make sure I have a fuel flow check valve. I cant find it. My main fuel line from the tank goes right to a pump. The pump does not look normal like the other 2 so maybe its got it build in. I dont know so I am posting pics to see what you guys think. The ine I am talking about is on the outside of the genset.

20140222_155343.jpg20140222_155345.jpg20140222_155354.jpg

robkiller

So in pic 2 you see the 3 pumps. The two next each other are normal. Pic 3 shows the one I am talking about. The line you see in pic 3 comes right from the tank. And hook into that thing. Is that a pump with a check valve? Have you guys seen it before? Pic one shows an item that has wires coming from it I am just wondering what that is. Lol

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're looking at the solenoid for the aux. fuel pump. The solenoid turns on and brings fuel into your day tank from an aux source.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The check valve is loacted after the secondary fuel filter and before the IP. Look at the -12 TM on page 1-9. Look at figure 1-5, that is the one line breakdown of the fuel routing.

robkiller

I feel dumb i looked at those pics on the TM already but did not prosses it its on the other side of the filters thats why i did not see it. My fault. Thanks i did not know that was the aux switch but that also makes since. Thanks everyone.

Jimc

rob its just a short tube about 11/2" long after the last fuel filter. a little metal band clamp with a bolt holds it to the flywheel housing if i remember right.

1800 Diesel

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks