• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Low Voltage Circuit Tester

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Used the tester today to verify "goodness" of solder connections to a power connector. The LVCT has a carbon pile load resistor, which was hooked up to run up to 50 amps, in this case, through the connector pins. A 12-volt battery was used as a source.The connector is circled in the image and the resistance from one side to the other is 0.0004 Ohms based on the voltage drops at several currents.
The battery post to battery terminal was 0.0003 Ohms.

The MX-7777 unit was also in the circuit at this time and showed an internal resistance of sbout 0.01 Ohms, which would result in a power loss of about 16 Watts at 40 amps. The use of the override switch will eliminate some losses for high power loads.

Just thought I'd post this since the LVCT is usually considered a boat anchor at best...:)

Attachments

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Old thread, but I found out something recently on the Low Voltage Circuit Tester and thought I'd add it here instead of starting a new thread.

"The LVCT in your unit could be made by any of the following firms:
Auto Test, Inc., Model 10308;
Atomic Engineering, Model TV100;
Austin Continental Industries, Model 1060/A;
Electro Mechanisms, Inc., Model 1060;
Ram Meter, Inc., Model 62F151;
Allen Electric and Equipment Company, Model 30-92;
Futronics Industries, Inc., Model 225-01."

One of the Allen Electric ones recently sold on e-bay, and others pop up from time to time, for those that might be interested, now you know what to look for in addition to the Sun Electric LVR-3A.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks