• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Low voltage out of MEP 701A--Solution

timmyjane

For what ever reason our power went out last night. After about 12 hours I figured that I would fire up this old generator that I had. I had bought it from a buddy of mine several years ago and never had tried to start it. I rigged up 24v off of some boat batteries and fired the sucker right up. Awesome. The problem was that I was only getting about 50 volts out of the 110 plug. I fiddled around but finally gave up and ran an extension cord to my neighbors generator.

After the power came on I was able to use the computer and found the solution to my problem and I hope it helps someone else in the future. What I wasn't doing was holding the start switch in the start position after the generator started. Apparently in order to energize the unit you must hold the it in the start position for several seconds after the generator is running. I tried it and voila...120v.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks