• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LSSV clone build sorta kinda but not really

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I have this Avalanche with blingy wheels and running boards......I'm not a fan of chrome-plated sissy trucks.....am driven to do SOMETHING. I like the idea of taking some design cues from the LSSV : wheels + bumpers + colors. Like the one pictured.avalanche oct 2013.jpgid_lssv_02_700.jpg

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, am not new to MVs, I had n M109A3, then a CUCV Blazer (the red one with the window cages), and currently own an A3. The Blazer taught me some things that lead me to the Avalanche mod preference :)
BT big tires 001.jpgolly and the truck_small.jpg

Would be a great candidate to spray the entire truck in OD green plasti dip. If you are not familiar with the process you don’t have to sand the truck and it doesn't harm the original finish. So say in a few years you want to sell it and you don’t want it to be green you can just peel the plasti dip off in sheets and then you are back to the original color and finish.

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably wouldn't even have to wash it, huh ?
Looking for parts that swap directly to achieve "the look". Yeah, it would be a short-bedded imposter, but thats OK.

Are you refering to not washing before plasti dipping? That is about the only prep you have to do before spraying it. Just wash it let it dry completely and then spray away. If you do some google and you tube searches there are some good tutorials about the enitre process.

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One feature that I really liked about the CUCV Blazer was the lack of a center console. I know some guys modify commercial Walmart consoles and ammo cans to fit that space, but I like the openness and easy pass thru to the rear seating area. The Avalanche has a center seat/console that isn't large enough seat anybody nor to store anything useful. So I removed it. The internet is a funny place: one can find posts by purported experts saying it isn't removable, and others say it is but requires special tools. It LOOKS like you need some kind of inside torx kinda tool, but not really : the front bolts are removed with a 15mm socket and the rears with 7/16. No big deal really. Total cost was (-$1.23). I say minus because I found $1.23 + 2 pesos under the seats.

Last edited: