• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LST 325 Arrival in Evansville,IN

Hookin1

With the arrival of LST 325 planned for October 1, in Evansville,IN.
I would like to encourage as many people that can to welcome them when they arrive. If you can bring your rigs it would be great. The ship is scheduled to sail into Evansville between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Oct. 1. This is according to the captain. Now for the bad news with hurricane Rita approaching it may delay the LST's departure from Mobile. If the time or date changes I will post it here. Also there are river trips being planned for the next few years nothing set in stone yet. I do know they plan to be in Cincinnatti for the big ships show next year. They are also looking for WWII era vehicles to display on the ship. I will know more about this after they arrive.
MVPA # 28810
M35A2 w/w
M105A2

Hookin1

The LST is going to be delayed because of the Hurricane. The captain said he would wait until after the storm to head out. I will post the new date when available

Hookin1

Okay the Lst left Mobile Bay. It will be here on oct 3 depending on the rivers. There will be a ribbon cutting ceromony on oct 15th. Which is on a Saturday. Hope to see some green iron there.

Hookin1

Okay the new scoop, talked to a real nice guy who is a crewmember of the LST, and also a MVer. his equipment is on the ship. for those who come to the LST ribbon cutting it is on Saturday OCT,15 at 10am. If you would like to be there at 8am we will line the vehicles up along the walkway leading to the ship. If you are coming PM me or e-mail so we will know how many vehicles to make room for.

Adamlee

LST 325

Guys, I took my kids aboard that LST this summer when she was briefly at Alexandria, in the DC area.

Pretty neat. Real nice guys. Bought a commemorative t-shirt, and the captain signed my 6-year-old son's navy cap. Cool!

The Higgins boats that are mounted on the ship sure look tiny...I can see why guys were ferociously seasick on D-Day....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks