• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LTD-465-1D P.M. issues

jimm1009

Well I'm getting ready to change my engine oil and filters.
I'm going to use the OEM filter cartridges this time while saving the $$$ for the spin-on adapters for next time.

My question is this. I purchased two fo the Wix filters and the filter base seal is present but not the gasket for the long bolt. I'm basing this from TM9-2815-210-34P Figure 17 showing the break down of the filters, regulator, etc.
The TM states that there is a part number for a filter kit (5702659) which has both filter elements and all the seals plus the cotter pins for the bolts. Obviously this is through the military supply which is not available to us guys on the outside.
Does any one know where to get the complete kit for the engine oil filters with all of the seals required?
I don't want to disturb mine until I have everything required and the kits shown on-line in two or three of our larger supliers don't "appear" to have them enclosed either.
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Secondly, if anyone has some helpful or supplemental info for changing the fuel filters (outside of the TM) (things nice to know) I would appreciate that too.
Thirdly / lastly, I posed this a while back and never recieved and answer. The above TM is the correct parts manual for the LDT-465-1D but where is the correct maintenance manual? The corresponding 9-2815-210-34 & -20 are for up thru -1C but no reference to -1D engines.
Thanks in advance.
Jim
jimm1009@yahoo.com

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can do the oil change w/o changing the sealing washers between the can and bolt. Tip, use a torque wrench on the bolts, and don't let the cans turn as you torque them, it cuts the gaskets. As for the manual, the one you referenced is for the engine rebuild. I'd use the TM 9-2320-361-20.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks