• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lu4 Winch transmission oil

Schocki123

Hello,

I own a Lu 4 Wind.
How much oil do I have to fill in the worm gear and the clutch transmission?
What kind of oil should I use?
Can I use SAE 80 gear oil?

Best regards
Schocki

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My manual TM9-8030 for the truck says one quart each end, GO (gear oil) 90. That is what we use in all of our winches with about 10 to 20% STP mixed in.
Regards Martin

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Further information; the manual specifies 90 for 32 degrees F and above, 75 weight for +40 F to -10 F so your 80 would fall roughly into the last temp range. We have never messed with changing oil for the different temps, just using 90 with STP. In cold weather we run the winch PTO with the drum disengaged for a couple of minutes to distribute the 90 then go ahead and use the winch. We have never had a problem.
Regards Martin

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lubricants have come a long way since the TM was published. Use ISO 460 Worm Gear lube in your winch and steering box, its made for extreme pressure. Outstanding performance hot or cold.

Bert

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks