• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lug nut and spare tire crank sizes

Nonotagain

I'm about to recover a M1061 trailer that has a flat tire and needs to be removed and replaced prior to the trip home.

Does anyone know what size are the lug nuts and what size socket/handle fits the spare tire crank? The lugs appear to be the same size as the Deuce lugs, can anyone confirm?

If this were a short distance recovery, I'd just chain the axle up and charge on, but this trailer is going to my folks house a couple of miles away and has a Ditchwhich on top.

Thanks for any help.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will double check mine tomorrow, but the lug's should be 1 1/2, same as deuce. Spare tire crank uses the same crank as the leveling jacks, they should be stored underneath, next to the jacks, and one at the back, next to spare. I think they are 1 inch square.

Dennis

Nonotagain

Thank you sir!

I normally don't carry my 1" socket set and breaker bar with me due to the weight, so if I only have to bring a couple of sockets, this will lighten up the load quite a bit.