• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LVS Rear body units delivered

bigmellon

I received my MK17 and MK18 rear body units yesterday... Thought I would share a few pics.

The rolloff unit has seen better days and will need some serious TLC. I think the loader went crazy with a fork truck and snapped off most of the fittings connecting the truck to trailer. Darn thing is going to be a nightmare to rework, and might wind up as spare parts.

The unit with the crane is sure good looking! Looks to be all there and recently cleaned up and painted. My inspection shows that the crane is marked "DO NOT USE" and it seems to be missing the winch rope. I will need to test the unit to see what all is missing.... and needs love.

The FPU should be here next week! Hopefully it just needs the batteries to be replaced and will be in modest running condition. It would be great to have this bad boy functional.

A guy in Georgia has a few spare parts for these things, but it is limited mostly to the RBUs. I had to order up driveshafts and the remote control units. Anyone know of a good source for parts for the tractor heads???

Attachments

bigmellon

FPU delivered...

Here she is! Unloaded safe and sound. Topped off the fluids, add batteries, and she fired right up! Wow. I do have a small hydraulic leak, but hope to get that sealed up in the next day or two. Sounds healthy!!

IMG_5417.jpg

IMG_5416.jpg

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks great. I recently bought a crane from an mk17a1. I cant wait to get it mounted and working!!

Keep the pictures coming!

bigmellon

Help identify these parts... :)

I found a treasure trove of parts in the passenger seat. Looks like a bunch of tie downs for the RBUs, an axe, shovel, and pick. what are these bars for? They are too long to lock out the hydraulic knuckle. There are also a lot of brackets... NO idea what they are for. Anyone have any ideas? I could spread it all out and take some better pics tomorrow...

IMG_5426.jpg

IMG_5425.jpg

IMG_5427.jpg

IMG_5424.jpg

bigmellon

I am not sure if this will work... But my buddy took a short video of the initial start up. It actually started so easily, he missed the beginning! And of course, I am stunned that you have to depress the brake before it cranks over! Duh!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=587486889939

I am not sure if that is a public FB page, but we can give it a shot. I will try to post up some video of it teetering around in the next day or two...

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You DONT want to drive over 10 MPH without a rear body unit.. You WILL do a faceplant. Read the pages of warnings about this in the TM.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ERROR MESSAGE on that link.....

This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks