• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-1010 recovery from Portsmouth, Va. Today

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up my m1010 today from Portsmouth with out a hitch. The people there were very helpful. The truck started right up so I was able to drive it on the trailer. I will load pics when I find my camera cable. On another note the government has changed the elec system out for a regular cucv 100amp system. When they removed the a/c compresser they apparently hacked the living sh!t out of the wiring in the back compartment. I noticed alot of N.H. and ME Natl. Guard trucks there, any idea why they are located in VA?

Matt

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow! That is a MAJOR job unless your swapping everything in the harness (still lots of work). I'm surprised they would bother with a hack over an entire swap.

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is why I dont do ten things at once.
When they removed the a/c compresser they apparently hacked the living censored out of the wiring in the back compartment.
I meant
When they removed "medical stuff" they apparently hacked the living censored out of the wiring in the back compartment(the little panel on the wheel well on the driver side).
The engine compartment looks professionally done, it almost looks like a transplant.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
The vehicles from all over wind up being moved to equipment concentration sites and in some cases they were laterally transfered to the depot or storage site as new equipment came in or if they came from an inactivating unit the Item Manager may have directed them there. What about some pictures Coastie?

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only thing that bums me out about it is the AC compressor has been removed. But in its place is a regular cucv electrical system so I guess its not to bad. There is rust on everything on the underside, I guess NH loves to salt the roads in the winter.

CUCVFan, do you know if the m101a1 will carry a s-250 shelter? I am looking for a trailer to put my shelter in. Thanks

Matt

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CCATLETT1984, When you say it is to small for the shelter do you mean weight or height? The shelter is completely stripped so it only weighs around 850lbs. Thanks

Matt

dc3coyote

Sweet I am at Airsta Clearwater, just got my name on the DC2 list, sorry for hijacking your thread. Just what every good Coastie needs is a Ambulance.

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I had room I would have a deuce or two but I have hardly enough room for the 1010 and M38. Since I live in the barracks I am converting the 1010 into a workshop. Good luck with DC2, prolly dont have to wait long with the lists being kinda short nowadays.

dc3coyote

a duece or two that is what the base is for, I hate to think about the parking spots I have filled up
oh the list will take a bit, since they only made 4 last month

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks