• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-1028 air intake

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have never seen a CUCV (100s) with an intake hose. They have all looked like your picture

1984M1009

Do you think i should fab one on - or would it be ok to run it like it is?
Thanks
considering they came thats the way they came yes it would be okay

A cold air intake might help a little but the filter is inside so it doesn't hurt anything with it being like that

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am in the process of rigging a ram-air / fresh-air supply to my intake. I purchased the separator and hose from Banks and now exploring options to transition the hose to the air filter housing. As soon as I have this complete I will post photos and parts list.

jimmy-90

I built up an intake useing a 6.5L air cleaner assembly and intake resonator that I got from the junk yard. I had to add in some heating duct pluming from the hardware store to make it a ram air though. Just type [my cucv ram-air project] into the search function on this site and it will take you to the article with pics. I've been running that intake set up for more than 6 months now and it works great.